Received these photos from Emeco.
The Norman Foster 75th Birthday “Light” Emeco 20-06 Chair
We made one 20-06 chair for Norman Foster’s 75th birthday hand polished. It took about 26 hours! The profiles are so slim, that the slightest wrong movement and the entire chair has to be done again. We never offer the chair in polished, just brushed anodized, but you can see its magnificent! If we had charged for it, it would have been $10,000.-
Its still in the Foster Office, I think. No one sits in it ;-)
Thanks Emeco for this “Chair in the Air”!
- Waiting in Airports on Vitra Chairs
- Natura Morta by Alexa Meade
- CH 88 Launched for Hans Wegner’s 100th Birthday
- Chair Blog’s 4th Anniversary
- Allsteel Acuity Chair Raises The Bar In Office Seating