At least for me this is a good example how social media work:
- I’m browsing the site of chair manufacturer Vitra.
- There I find the photo that a fan, De Pauw from Florida, has send to Vitra upon a request from Vitra.
- I recognized it to be a Van Severen chair.
- I’m already a huge fan of Maarten Van Severen.
- I check the site for more details about the chair (maybe I can publish about it here).
- Find a nice photo of the chaise itself:
But then I also see this photo:
And you know what? It’s multi functional: As a recliner and as a daybed and for use indoors and outdoors!
So I’m sold. On the basis of these three photos I believe I have to have this multi-functional chaise for my terrace…
My next Work In Progress is trying to copy and paste the photo in a photo of my terrace and then find an opportunity to look at the chair in real life.
I have put it on my Vitra Wish List……even while I don’t know the price yet…
- .02 and .03 – The Birth of a Maarten van Severen Chair
- Sexy "Naked" Lounge Chair d’Amore – by Rusell Grigg
- Maarten van Severen in Design Museum Gent
- CH52 Chair by Hans Wegner
- Dancer Chair by Sabiha Mujtaba