Now I ask you: Whose Cap Chair was the first?
or DFTS Factory’s?
I asked Sander and he claims on FB:
My first prototypes of the Fat Cap Chairs are from 2007. I had my first solo show with the Fat Cap Chairs at Outland Modern Art Gallery in Amsterdam with the title “The artistry of the cap” in 2008.
DFTS claims their first model was from… 2005…..
I found Sander’s a year ago…
- Mr. Chair by Soojin Hyun – Milan 2011 (24)
- Respect for the Cheap Chair
- Rare Wing Chair No. 6541 – Gebrüder Thonet
- Rietveld Zig Zag Variation 1 – Old Ladder Back by Garry Knox Bennett
- A Marble table or stool by Marc Newson