He was born as Christian Emil Marie Küpper in 1883.
He worked 2 years in Weimar at the Bauhaus under Walter Gropius and with Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. Also clear is that he influenced (and got influenced by) both Piet Mondiaan (or Mondrian) and Gerrit Rietveld who were members of De Stijl as well.
I took this photo in December 2007 when I visited Museum Belvédère near Heereveen, about 1.5 hr driving north east of Amsterdam.
- White Rietveld Red Blue Chair record at Christies Amsterdam
- Furniture Collection Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
- Multi Functional 23 X 11=72 Table and Chair: Brazilian Designers Revive Dutch Group De Stijl
- Ludwig Mies van der Rohe: Barcelona Chair and Ottoman
- Tubular Steel Armchair by Theo van Doesburg