He was born as Christian Emil Marie Küpper in 1883.
He worked 2 years in Weimar at the Bauhaus under Walter Gropius and with Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. Also clear is that he influenced (and got influenced by) both Piet Mondiaan (or Mondrian) and Gerrit Rietveld who were members of De Stijl as well.
I took this photo in December 2007 when I visited Museum Belvédère near Heereveen, about 1.5 hr driving north east of Amsterdam.
- White Rietveld Red Blue Chair record at Christies Amsterdam
- Piet Mondrian Seated in his Paris Studio
- LUDWIG MIES VAN DER ROHE, Rare and important stool
- Two Red Chairs at Two Columbia Road
- Pair of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe Side Chairs