Orange Egg Chair by Arne Jacobsen
This is post number 100 and the final post in a series 100 Orange Chairs for Inauguration Day.
Yay! We succeeded. If you wish, you can congratulate us. Also you can still congratulate us for our 6th Anniversary 100 posts earlier ;-)
When I started the series I was not sure I could find 100 decent orange chairs. Prior we had featured only 20 orange chairs. Now even with the help of various people I’ve found more than 100 orange chairs. I’ll feature them in the near future, but the series 100 Orange Chairs for Inauguration Day will be limited to the 100 orange chairs featured.
Thank you all for enduring this diarrhea of chair posts today!
I was planning to feature an Orange Thonet no. 14 as the 100th chair, but couldn’t find a decent one. Therefor I conclude the series with a famous chair Arne Jacobsen originally designed for the SAS Hotel in Copenhagen in the 50ies. After all I’m a hotelier with a chair hobby.
Stay with us in May which we have coined blue chair month.
- Vintage Arne Jacobsen Egg Chair In Original Bluish Leather
- Orange Utrecht Chair by Gerrit Rietveld
- 100 Orange Chairs for Inauguration Day – Orange Mustache
- Orange Big Wing Chair by Jurgen Bey
- Masters Chair by Philippe Starck at 2011 IMM Cologne (18)