Quoted from Cool Hunting:
Unlike some auction houses, the Chicago-based Wright simply offers (quite modestly) some of the best design available on the secondary market. The forthcoming Modern Design auction, taking place on 7 October 2008, is no exception. In addition to showcasing the work of mid-century icons Charles and Ray Eames, Harry Bertoia, George Nakashima, Isamu Noguchi, Gio Ponti, George Nelson, Hans Wegner, Poul KjÃ¦rholm and many others, this auction features stunning inclusions from more recent decades.
07 October 2008 12:00pm
Crown chair by Tom Dixon
United Kingdom, 1989
22 w x 22 d x 38 h inches
Approximately sixty examples of this form were produced.
Literature: Tom Dixon, Collins, pg. 36
- Chair Auction Season is Open!
- Wright – Hans Wegner Valet Chair
- Eames Chair Lovers should head over to Wright (2)
- Story Time Rocking Chair by Hal Taylor
- Eames Chair Lovers should head over to Wright (1)