In a post of my significant other blog I started a plea to revive the very snug cane High Back Beach Chair of Scheveningen. Up to the seventies there was almost no Dutch Beach without this type of chair. Northern Gemany Beaches still do frequently use another type of High Back Beach chair. It’s main features are protection against the wind and more privacy on the beach.
Just thought to enhance the reach of that plea by posting additional photo’s of the historic Dutch High Back Beach chair here.
Although I like this variation best as its curvy appearance is much more elegant.
Or am I wrong and is it already out there?
- Sardegna High Back Beach Chair by Borek
- The High Back Beach Chairs (Strandkorf or StrandKorb) of Bartelmann
- Dutch Chair Designer Bertjan Pot: Shrunken Stool
- High Back Beach Chairs by Patricia Urquiola
- Leather Button Upholstered Porters Chair at Bonhams