Cape Chair by Nina Edwards Anker
The fanned back of this chair is counterbalanced by a single slim foot. The main feature of this chair is a double-curved cape-like back. The use of 3-D software not only helped to visualize the project development, but facilitated the fabrication of construction elements in a technologically advanced manner. We developed the geometry and engineering of the bent metal through a 3-D computer model to guarantee exact measurements and facilitate the 2-D shop drawings. The chair’s initial prototype was made by local craftsmen in Norway, its final model will be assembled in Brooklyn for the oudoor version, and London for the indoor version.
- Chair WB 301 by Marcel Breuer
- Five minutes in Milan – Richard Hutten – Design.nl
- Christopher Chair by Charles Constantine
- Sit and Read Furniture Blog
- Tank Chair Number 2 by ~j-michael on deviantART