Philadelphia-based furniture designer Matthias Pliessnig has sent designboom images of his furniture piece ‘Pinch’, a back-to-back seating object for up to two people. White oak strips are steam bent using a technique similar to boat building, after which they are assembled into tight compound curves. This process allows for the organic form, but also ensures structural stability.
Each piece is handmade by pliessnig and measures 147 x 79 x 69 cm (58 x 31 x 27 inches).
Revised: He’s also sent Chairblog his brilliant work too!
- Matthias Pliesnig – Waive Chair
- Rattan Footstool by Franco Albini
- Biorhythm bench by Matthias Pliessnig
- Ball Chair by Per Brolund and Em Riem
- Hadid at Wright: Woosh Sofa